OUR MUSIC VIDEO

OUR MUSIC VIDEO

^OUR MUSIC VIDEO

Pilgrim Album

Pilgrim Album

OUR DIGIPAK top to bottom, left to right: inside back, inside front, back cover, front cover.

^OUR DIGIPAK top to bottom, left to right: inside back, inside front, back cover, front cover.

Click on image to view our website

Click on image to open our band website in new window

OUR WEBSITE
My name is Kayvon Nabijou (0610). My production group number is 1 and I am working with Gavin Fraser (0245), Mahalia John (0345) and Alice Cahill (0130). This blog can be navigated by using the labels list on the right hand side of the blog.

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Question 2: What have you learnt from participating in each of the prelim tasks?

Task 1: Audition Video

I found making the audition video a very awkward and painful experience. However, this meant that the learning curve was greater and it made me feel slightly more confident in myself and in front of a camera. When editing the audition video, I learnt how to lay a performance bed and work with lots of different video layers.


Task 2: Learn and practice your performance

I found this a lot of fun because I rarely get the opportunity to perform or work in this way. I found it a challenge trying to directly mimic the movements that Matt Healy makes as he has a variety of different types of body movement in the video.



Task 3: Costume Planning 

my costume
Trying to find the complete costume most similar to that worn by Matt Healy in the video was challenging, but it only involved asking friends if I could borrow certain items of clothing such as some DM boots and a leather jacket.



Task 4: The Shoot


This was my favourite part of the whole project. I learnt a lot about the logistics of a music video shoot and all the planning and organisation that goes into making it successful. My main role during the day was performing as there are lots of shots in the video of Matt Healy.


Task 5: The Edit


This task was very useful in practicing my ability in Premiere and After Effects. As we had edited a lot in previous topics, I did not learn a lot in this task, but I did become stronger in grading. I also learnt how to add flashes into shots to replicate camera flashes:


one of the shots in our remake featuring a flash

No comments:

Post a Comment