OUR MUSIC VIDEO

OUR MUSIC VIDEO

^OUR MUSIC VIDEO

Pilgrim Album

Pilgrim Album

OUR DIGIPAK top to bottom, left to right: inside back, inside front, back cover, front cover.

^OUR DIGIPAK top to bottom, left to right: inside back, inside front, back cover, front cover.

Click on image to view our website

Click on image to open our band website in new window

OUR WEBSITE
My name is Kayvon Nabijou (0610). My production group number is 1 and I am working with Gavin Fraser (0245), Mahalia John (0345) and Alice Cahill (0130). This blog can be navigated by using the labels list on the right hand side of the blog.

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Influential/Inspirational Music Videos, Albums and Websites

Music Videos

Darwin Deez - Radar Detector


I like the simplicity of this music video - the lack of camera movement gives it a very calm feeling, as well as the soft, single-colour backgrounds used through some of the video. The 'ideas' director Ace Norton has used are very quirky and cute, such as the circle of cameras around his head - a very strong indicator of the indie genre, which is a genre I am interested in for my own music video.


George Ezra - Budapest (Alternative Video)

I like this video for the same reason as above - the very simple studio setting and the use of performance in the video - whilst it is far too simple for me to get any conceptual inspiration from, the styling is something I would consider trying to take bits of for my own music video.


Dog is Dead - Do the Right Thing

This is one of my favourite music videos - I love the use of long takes (something I would like to attempt) and the clever cuts between shots which gives it a seamless feel. I also find the camerawork tracking very interesting and ambitious.


Drenge - Fuckabout

I like the very simplistic style of this video with limited camera movement, making a very effective sense of dreariness and sadness. I also like how the lyrics feed in to this impression, with lines such as 'all you want to do is choke on the lies that you've been fed'.

Album Covers

Laura Marling - Once I was an Eagle

I like the clear focal image in this album cover and the overall simplicity of it. The pose of her stretching upwards is also possibly a literal reflection of the album title.

Darwin Deez - Songs for Imaginative People

Like the Laura Marling album cover, this one has a clear focal image, and has a quirky way of creating a literal reflection of the album title with him holding the musical notes in his hand.

George Ezra - Wanted on Voyage

I like the warm colours used in this album cover and the simple typography.

Belle & Sebastian - (All Albums)


I really like how Belle & Sebastian's albums are consistent in style, especially the use of colour - of course I only have to make one album cover, but this style is something I would consider trying to take inspiration from.

The Beatles - Help!

I love the quirky idea of using semaphore on this album cover, and I like the very simple background and uncluttered image.

Websites

The 1975

I love how visual this website is. It is also clever the way they have embedded music videos into the main page, with a little reflection on the song written by Matt Healy, and the personal choices he and the other band members made when writing the song and creating the music video.



David Bowie

Again, I like how visual this website is. There is a large amount of content by scrolling down, and each picture is a link to a video, album, audio or article. It is also very clear how to navigate through the page with the toolbar at the top of the page. The variety of colours also really shows how diverse Bowie's style and music has been over the years.







No comments:

Post a Comment